Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ain't it Funny How Time Slips Away.....

Well, hello there 
My, it's been a long, long time 
How'm I doin'? Well, I guess I'm doin' fine 
It's been so long now
 An' it seems like it was only yesterday 
Ain't it funny how time slips away?


Sung by Willie Nelson



Ok I admit it's been awhile ~ but I have reasons, well, excuses really but what can I say??
I'm not going to give you a day to day blow of my life (that would be much too boring!)  but I'll give you the fine points of what's been happening in my world....

February 24 we had to put Theodore down ~ OHMYGOSH that was just too sad to say the least.  Ray called me at work, he thought Theodore had a heart attack or stroke, he fell against the back of the couch and couldn't walk properly when he got up.  When I got off work we rushed him to the vet's office and the vet told us he had a heart murmur and on a scale of 1 to 4 he was a 4 :/  We could have kept him going with tests and medicine, but decided against it as it was very selfish on our part, keeping him alive because we didn't want to lose him......WAY TOO SAD, and I miss him terribly!



I made this scrapbook page for him ~ I miss and love him so much ~ he really was the best dog anyone could ask for, Rest in Peace old buddy <3


Ok March, we went  to the US for Spring Break ~ 2 glorious weeks in Flowing Lake.  Well, truth be told, it was COLD and rainy but we had a great time....we love that area and it was so nice to get away.

April ~ hmmmmm April was a blur except, our Winston was so lonely without his buddy Theodore, we emailed the breeder that we got him from and his mom had a litter the night I emailed her!!  We were number 4 in line (there were 7 pups ~ 5 male, 2 female to choose from) which meant I'd *probably* have to take a male as I knew the females would go quick.....and I was right ~ although we ended up the third pick, the 2 before us took the females :)  I let Ray pick him and he made a great choice....now a name...which is a story in itself.....We had Theodore and I chose the name Winston to go along with that....I didn't want Theodore and Spot or Rover....Winston was a great fit....now I'm in the same predicament a name to go along with Winston ~ and NO Ray we cannot call him Theodore in honour of our beloved pet.....I loved Oliver...and wanted it so badly. Ray didn't like it ~ his choice?? CLARENCE...OMGosh I have work ahead of me....One night Meaghan, Ray's daughter was over and out of the blue she said how about Spencer?  We both loved it, and we now have Spencer :)

Is he the cutest thing you ever saw?  We love him :)
He's brought a new life into our home after losing Theodore so suddenly.  And the best part is Winston likes him and they play all the time.



We got all the grandkids Easter stuff for Easter ~ Ray's son and his family were out of town for Easter, so we went into their home and left a trail of Easter candy down the hall and into their bedrooms ~ left goodies on their beds so they were surprised when they arrived home :)  It was fun to do again ~ my 16 year old just wants his candy...

About 3 weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with the room spinning....I was diagnosed with vertigo....It's horrible, I'm dizzy and nauseated most of the time...well, I should clarify, I'm dizzier than I normally am :)  I've been off work for 3 weeks and in physiotherapy for it.  I'm hoping to go back soon, but don't want to rush it or I'll just be off again....
I'm also going this month to get my gallbladder removed ~ when it rains it pours!! I finally got a date after 6 months of waiting for one!

The best thing that has happened ~ today we were babysitting grandchildren and when they were being picked up, their mom had a bouquet of flowers with her ~ she handed it to me with a card....from your grandchildren....for mother's day!!  

What a wonderful surprise and a lovely gesture on Meaghan's part.  It was so sweet and thoughtful of her and I appreciate it so much!  We've been through a lot, blending families and being accepted into this one, but I think I've finally made it :)  and I'm happy to be part of it.

Aren't they beautiful??  I love them :)

I'll treasure this card forever...it means so much to me....

Take care of yourself, see you next time....


Tracey Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment