Thursday, September 16, 2010

Talking In Your Sleep

You've been talking in your sleep,
sleeping in your dreams......
Sung by Crystal Gayle




America's Got Talent ~ oh yes it does....


Last night was the finale of America's got talent and we all watched with bated breath.  I was so hoping Michael Grimm would win 




~ he has a fantastic voice and I'll be in line to buy his CD when it's available.  


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jackie Evancho was wonderful ~ what grace and composure for a 10 year old!! When I was 10 I couldn't tie my own shoe laces!!




I know that song is coming out of her, but I still have a hard time believing it is.... As much as I liked her, I didn't want her to win ~ now hang on a minute before you start screaming!!!  I think putting her on a stage with a Vegas contract would be a mistake for the parents of a 10 year old to do.  She has her whole life ahead of her, let her be a kid ~ there are too many horror stories out there about child prodigies and I'd rather see her older and with some life experience on stage singing opera than a 12 year old crack addict.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Fighting Gravity, are so talented, and you just know they are inking their names on a Vegas contract as I'm typing this....they are so different, and so in sync they make it look flawless. 




My one question is ~  Can they keep it fresh and interesting enough to keep our interest through a Vegas show?  I'd go and see them ONCE...but then I've seen them and wouldn't go back again and again ~ the way I would with a singer I love to listen to.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Prince Poppycock ~ what can I say?  I loved him....he is a consummate performer.  I only liked him until the night he did the Queen medley and then I LOVED HIM....he would be a huge hit in Vegas.




People would go and see him again and again and again.  The last night he performed on the show, I felt exactly the same way Piers did ~ he'd taken it all including himself too seriously and should have kept it light and fun....I know, I know Piers apologized the next night, but I'm not ~ I don't want to see him all serious and uptight....



A funny side note about Price Poppycock ~ the night that the show pictured above was shown, I was awaken at 3 in the morning by my husband who has a habit of talking, shouting, arguing, whispering and now singing in his sleep ~ it went something like this....


HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy.....


When you read the HUMMMMM above picture a music teacher humming after blowing her pitch pipe...and then he sang the next line at full bore.


I about lost it ~ I have NEVER laughed so hard in my life.....I had to get up to go to the bathroom, I thought I was going to pee the bed.....


The next morning, I ask him and of course like he always does, he tells me he doesn't remember a thing...
Yea, OK Ray....a likely story babe :) 





2 comments: