Saturday, November 20, 2010

Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine....

He said old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes
God bless little children while they're still too young to hate
As he moved away I got my pen and copied down that line
On old dogs and children and watermelon wine
Sung by Tom T. Hall


I love this dog.




His name is Theodore ~ He came as a bonus when I married Raymond.  He is the best dog I've ever known.  He listens, he's very gentle and patient, and he couldn't be more handsome!  We don't know his age, but guess it's 10 or 11, although by the way he plays you'd think he was much younger.  He was given to Ray for company when his wife passed away ~ they used to look after him from time to time when his previous owners went away on vacation.  
Lately, he's showing his age, he's slower moving and has a hard time jumping up on the couch or into bed at night, he limps due to sore hips.  We went out and bought him a big comfy bed, which he seemed to love when we brought it home, but he still insists on jumping on the couch and laying beside me instead of snuggling into it.






He loves going in the truck and camping with us ~ 


He's very patient with me when out for a walk, and I have to have a potty break!



My favorite photo of Theodore, I used my little Canon SD750 and just picked up the color green...  







No comments:

Post a Comment