Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


It's the most wonderful time of the year.
With the kids jingle belling,
and everyone telling you,
"Be of good cheer,"
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

There'll be parties for hosting,
marshmallows for toasting and
carolling out in the snow.
there'll be scary ghost stories and
tales of the glories of Christmases
long, long ago.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
There'll be much mistletoeing
and hearts will be glowing,
when loved ones are near.
It's the most wonderful time of the year.



I don't know what's wrong with me this year ~ I'm actually in the Christmas spirit, something I haven't felt for quite some time....
I used to love Christmas ~ I was the Christmas Lady :)  My house was always decked out with knick knacks, lights, snowmen, santas, elves, reindeer, etc...  I wouldn't put anything on my tree unless it was homemade ~ most by me, but some by friends.

In June 2005 my husband passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly and this will be my 6th Christmas without him.  I faked the first couple Christmas' with friends quite well ~ although I didn't want anything to do with it, I wanted my son who was only 10 at the time to have a great one....so I made sure he did ~ Christmas 2005 if he wanted something ~ he got it :)  He didn't have to mention anything twice, it was under the tree for him.  The next year was good for him but I didn't go quite so crazy.    I met my husband now ~ Ray in August 2007 ~ Christmas 2007, 2008, 2009 were good, but Ray had lost his wife the same way I lost my husband, so both of us were very happy when the Christmas season ended and we could go back to our every day life.  Each year we talked about going away and just forgetting it was Christmas ~ but I wouldn't do that to my son ~ who despite all he'd been through with losing his dad, he still LOVED Christmas.  In fact, during those years, he was the one who decorated the house and put up the tree each year.

This year I have my house decorated the middle of November and I'm looking forward to the season.  Spending time with family and friends, turkey dinner and opening presents.  I'm looking forward to December 1, putting the tree up and having it decorated.  I've started shopping for the special gift for everyone, and I'm looking forward to wrapping them and putting them under the tree. I'm not sure what's come over me ~ but I like it :)

As much as I hated the saying (when people said it to me repeatedly after losing my husband) ~ Time heals all wounds, I guess it's true ~ it took a lot of time, but I'm ready to have a great Christmas this year!
Tracey Heart

2 comments: