Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas is Coming

Christmas is coming, 
The geese are getting fat, 
Please put a penny 
In the old man's hat. 
If you haven't got a penny, 
A ha'penny will do, 
If you haven't got a ha'penny, 
Then God bless you. 



Last night we went to "The Suspenders" Christmas concert at the Bell Centre.  I'm sick with a cold/flu and I really didn't want to go thinking it was just 3 guys standing there with instruments singing Christmas carols, asking the audience to participate.  The only thing I wanted to participate in was my pillow and bed!!!
However, these guys really put on a show ~ and I'm so glad I went.....I laughed so hard ~ they've taken popular songs, and made them into Christmas songs...here are just a few examples...
"Every year it's just another family brawl" to the tune of "another brick in the wall".

One of their sons came out looking like Justin Bieber and sang "U Smile" while photos of santa holding screaming children played on a big screen behind them.

With all their children (9) onstage holding wrapped gifts singing "I want to know what this is" to the tune of "I want to know what Love is"

Aaron doing "Cry Me A River" Cry me a river, cry me a river, I've cried all Christmas over you.....

And the song 12 Daze of Christmas that they wrote was hysterical.

Between all the costume changes and hijinks, they also did the standards, O Holy Night, Little Drummer Boy, Happy New Year, Winter Wonderland, Silent Night, they all have wonderful voices and have a harmony only a family can achieve.  My favorite was "The Prayer" that Alistair and Ashley sang together ~ it brought a tear to my eye.


From the left, Aaron, Ashley and Alistair Milne ~ The Suspenders.  You can find them on iTunes, their Christmas CD's are Snowball and Snowed In ~ their voices are great and their harmony is amazing.  If you ever get the chance to go and see them, make sure you don't miss out ~ even if you don't feel like going, go anyway, I promise you won't regret it  :)
Tracey Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment