Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Monday Jan 10th today ~  I had a weekend but not much of one ~ I was sick with the flu when I woke up Saturday morning and stayed in bed until this morning at 6:30.  It sucks to be sick on your days off!!!
We were going to friends who were making dinner for us Saturday night ~ we haven't seen them in awhile and I so wanted to go....and Ray kept saying to me, are you ok ~ are you able to make it??  I'd better call Mary if you are too sick ~ and I'd say ~ I'm ok...I'll just have a nap and then I'll be better :/  Well after sleeping for an hour and a half (which I NEVER do during the day) I woke up feeling worse ~ chills every time I moved, couldn't get warm ~ a headache that was soooo bad ~ the worst stomach ache I've ever had in my life.....dinner was at 6:30 and we'd have to leave about 4pm as they live an hour away....however at 3:45 I said to Ray, I can't make it, I'm too sick....so he called and cancelled and apologized and told them I was sick....I felt horrid, not only wasn't I going, but I now didn't cancel until the last minute and she'd worked hard to make us a nice dinner.
Ray was so good, he brought me hot tea and soup and made me eat/drink it as I didn't feel like eating anything....he tucked me in and made sure I was warm.  Then I heard him on the main floor talking and laughing....I was hoping he was on his phone and not going crazy keeping himself company! LOL....then he came upstairs to show me the following photos sent to him in a text message from our friends...



the prime rib roast Mary cooked for dinner


The homemade apple pie she made especially for Ray!!

He was just sitting down to his dinner when the message came so he sent her the following..


Ray's boiled egg and toast.....

I woke up the next morning, feeling a bit better, the chills and achy feeling gone and stomach ache toned down a lot but still very weak with a massive headache, and thinking Mary would never speak to me again, I opened my email to find a very sweet email from her ~ we missed you, don't feel bad and hope you're better soon.  Lets have dinner in 2 weeks, and she'll cook again!!
Now, that's a good friend....and why I love her and her beau Maurice :)  
Ummmm...Mary, can I at least bring dessert??? :)


Tracey Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment