Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time

Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don’t go so fast
I’m missing the moments as they pass....

Chantal Kreviazuk

(I wanted to name this post ~ Time Well Wasted, but I can't find a song :/)


Hello, my name is Tracey and I'm addicted to the computer/internet!


Remember when you were a kid and when you saw a computer on TV it was the size of the room that held it??  Ok you're probably not that old ~ but when I was a kid this was the case ~ if you had of told me I'd hold a computer on my lap and be able to talk to the world, I would have taken you immediately to get a lobotomy!!

Computers have taken over the world!!  I bet you don't go through a day without being on it least once ~ I'm on mine when I have breakfast in the morning, checking email and facebook and favorite sites I like to keep up with.  I sit in front of one all day at work ~ on it 85% of my day, although I must say, I'm not doing anything fun or personal.  I grab it (I use a laptop) as soon as I walk through the door at night and I'm on it a lot through the evening, unless there is something on TV I'd rather watch, most nights I do both!!  I've even taken my laptop to bed with me ~ but most nights I take my iPad cause it's smaller ;) and *occasionally* I've been known to take BOTH with me!!!


Is this wrong?? My husband who snapped the photo thinks so!! LOL


Top 5 things I do on the computer/internet:

  1. check email
  2. check facebook
  3. surf the internet
  4. listen to music
  5. watch tv shows I've missed or can't get on my cable
  6. surf iTunes for new music, movies, apps 
  7. upload photos from my camera, iPod, iPhone
  8. make videos with music out of photos mentioned above
  9. I've started putting my recipes on my laptop (a very time consuming job) so I don't have to search through books and books for a recipe I'm looking for ~ I can find the recipe put my laptop on my island and bake/cook away ~ I LOVE IT!!
Top 5 sites I frequent
  1. facebook ~ check in with friends to see what's happening and let them know what I'm doing :)
  2. pioneer woman ~ great blog, recipes, camera/photography tips
  3. rosie radio ~ read about her show each day ~ it's always on when I'm working
  4. my bank ~ make sure  it hasn't been hacked into :) but mostly to pay bills :/
  5. about 50 blogs I try to keep up with
  6. crafting ideas
  7. dictionary.com to see how to spell a word
  8. look up how to do almost anything I need done and can't figure it out 
  9. chat with far away friends
  10. play games ~ bejeweled blitz2 (I'm addicted ~ and compete with a friend to beat her butt!! Hi Joy :)
I'm not sure why I put top 5 ~ I could keep going!! 
The computer/internet is the best ~ and I know I lived before I had it, I'm just not sure how!!!




Tracey Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment